The results to the #ThisBook campaign are in!
The top 20 books written by women that have had the most impact on you are as follows:
- To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
- Harry Potter – J.K Rowling
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
- Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
- The Secret History – Donna Tartt
- I Capture The Castle – Dodie Smith
- The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
- Beloved – Toni Morrison
- Gone With The Wind – Margaret Mitchell
- We Need To Talk About Kevin – Lionel Shriver
- The Time Traveller’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
- Middlemarch – George Eliot
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings – Maya Angelou
- The Golden Notebook – Doris Lessing
- The Colour Purple – Alice Walker
- The Women’s Room – Marilyn French
Crazy Ideas That Just Need to Happen Already
ladies, if a guy doesn’t eat pussy but still expects to get his dick sucked… laugh right in his face. leave the room in the midst of your laughter. go home while laughing. keep laughing for the rest of your life. never stop laughing.
ARE BABIES BORN WITH THE NATURAL ABILITY TO SWIM?
Babies have reflexes that make them appear to be good swimmers. One of them is called the dive reflex, this causes babies to hold their breathe and open their eyes when submerged.
Swedish researchers studying the dive reflex in 21 infants between 4 to 12 months old found that none of them inhaled water or choked when under water. They also noted that the babies didn’t seem apprehensive about the next dive. In fact, some seemed eager to dive again!
Until about 6 months, babies also have a swimming reflex which will cause them to move their arms up and down in a swimming motion. However, this doesn’t mean that babies can swim, and they don’t protect a baby from drowning. It’s dangerous for a baby to swallow large amounts of pool water also.
Be careful any parents of tumblr with your children!
George @lucasmucasx and I have a long history of finding love in hopeless places #tbt